Friday, November 11, 2011

Why Writers Should Join a Writer's Club



·         You can network with other writers
·         You can sell your books
·         You learn from speakers
·         You can meet an agent
·         You can turn your talent into cash
·         You can teach people what you know.
I’m a member of the California Writers Club and the support I receive from the club is phenomenal. I’ve not only sold a lot of books through the club, but I’ve been asked to do events and workshops. I also got to meet influential people that have featured me on TV and major newspapers. I also get to network with other authors and speakers who have played a big role in my writing. Aside from this perks, I offer my services by being a mentor in the Publishing Pathway Committee and also serve as Treasurer at our Fremont Area Writers branch. Joining a club opens doors to opportunities and also allows you to help other writers.

2 comments:

  1. Interesting! I never thought about that. How do you find writer's clubs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by, Bri. You can either inquire from your local library or check Meetup.com for writers clubs in your area. Connecting with other writers has helped me a lot with my writing career. Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete