Wednesday, November 23, 2011

I Have Every Reason to Be Grateful


When I started writing my novels, I didn’t know what to expect. I often asked myself, will my readers like my stories? Will I get to sell my books? Will people take me seriously? I released two books this year—Love Letters and Chocolicious, and I must say that this has been a blessed year for me. Both my books made it to the top100 Amazon Kindle best-seller list and are both being adapted into film. I spend a lot of time writing on the computer and promoting my work, but I’ve come to realize that my success has a lot to do with the people who have helped me along the way. I’ve decided to express my gratitude to everyone that has helped me accomplish my dream. Without you, none of this would have happened.

Family – I am so grateful to my family for supporting me with my work even if I spend a lot of time with my imaginary friends. They are my number one fans and are very understanding when it comes to my writing.

Editors – Every author needs an editor and working with one is like a marriage, you need to be compatible. I have been truly blessed to have worked with the finest editors who have deeply devoted themselves in my novels. I am thankful on how emotionally connected they are with my work and I can honestly say that they have brought out the best in my writing.

Publisher – I appreciate my publisher for believing in me and my work. Without her, my novels wouldn’t have seen the light of day. She made my dream come true and she’s always looking at our best interest.

Online Bookstores - Thanks to Amazon, Barnes & Noble and Smashwords for displaying my books. We all need avenues to sell our books and with all the bookstores closing, online is the way to go.

Producer/Director- I am deeply grateful to my director/producer for bringing my characters to life. Never in my wildest dreams did I envision to see my story in the big screen, but because of her I will.

Readers- Readers to authors is like butter is to bread. Without them, where will your books be? Majority of my readers have thanked me for writing meaningful stories that they can relate to and I now have a loyal list of followers. I’m so thrilled to receive a positive response and glad to know that my books have resonated with them.

Bloggers/Book Reviewers – In this online world that we live in, bloggers and book reviewers are what boost every author’s confidence. It takes a lot of time and energy to read a book and post an honest review. I value their opinion and have learned a lot about my books and myself after reading their reviews. I have developed a good relationship with them and I’m thankful that more readers have heard about my books because of their network.

Writer’s Club- Joining a writers club is the best decision one can make in your writing career. I’m so blessed to be a member of such a supportive group of dynamic writers. Being a part of the club has connected me with a lot of people in the industry. It’s not only great exposure for my books, but about giving back and helping fellow writers.

Writing Buddies- Every writer needs a writing buddy. I’m so blessed to have a number of them whom I can share my triumphs and challenges with. We help one another promote our books and share tips. I wouldn’t know what I would do without them.

Friends- I’m so blessed to have friends who have cheered for me and supported me in my career. I have a lot of friends who don’t really read books, but have bought my books and attended my events to show their support and for that I’m grateful/

Media- I’m so thankful to the TV producers, news reporters and magazine writers who have featured me and my books. Authors need all the exposure they can get and media is a powerful tool to get the word out.

Social Media-Facebook, Twitter and GoodReads have allowed me to reach out and connect with a lot of people. Leveraging my books on these sites has brought in sales. I have also met a lot of people who are now my friends.

All of you have played an instrumental role in my writing career and for that, I am forever grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment